1805 Center Dr, Ames, IA 50011
The Conversations of Leadership
This year’s conference theme is “The Conversations of Leadership.” The keynote and capstone speakers highlight how important one single conversation can be. Concurrent session speakers offer advice for engaging others through shared values. Panelists share how our conversations can influence both the agricultural organizations we serve and ourselves as individuals. There’s even a workshop to help you communicate your personal brand.
A Women Impacting Agriculture reception has been added for everyone to enjoy during the morning break, as well as networking activities to help meet new people. Also and as requested, the general sessions have been shortened and the concurrent sessions lengthened.
The conference activities are sure to replenish your spirit and deepen your aspirations to lead within your family and across the global agricultural industry. The conference advisory committee designed this event around three major goals: For attendees to take home and carry with them:
- A belief in themselves and the power of life-long learning
- Connections with other women that inspire their leadership journey
- New skills that enhance their leadership on and off the farm
“Women work in, manage and own complex farms and agribusinesses in Iowa. We know how much you accomplish every day. We are offering this opportunity for rest and renewal as you share, network and learn with others.”
- The event will bring women together for inspiration, informal mentoring, new ideas and expanded skill sets around leadership.
- The main leadership conference takes place on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, at the Scheman Building on the Iowa State University campus, Ames, Iowa.
- Registration begins at 7:30 AM and the program runs 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- An optional, intensive workshop session is also scheduled for Monday evening, November 27, 2017, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. These three hour workshops with dinner will focus on specific skill sets for professional and personal development.