Albert City, IA 50510
The Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance and partners are hosting a bioreactor installation field day on Tuesday, June 11th from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Olie Leimer’s farm, outside of Albert City. The event is free and open to the public and includes a complimentary meal when you RSVP by June 7th.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how conservation practices such as bioreactors help improve water quality in Iowa. During the event, we will discuss the planning process for installing bioreactors and opportunities for financial assistance. The Iowa Learning Farms Conservation Station “On The Edge” trailer will show attendees what happens beneath the surface in bioreactors and saturated buffers.
Farmers, contractors, and other water quality stakeholders are encouraged to attend this unique field day!
- Lee Gravel, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship
- Olie Leimer, Buena Vista County Landowner
- Brian Heinsohn, Heinsohn Digging and Tiling, Iowa Land Improvement Contractor Association member
- Jim Jordahl, Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance
We thank our partners and sponsors for making this event possible.
- Iowa Land Improvement Contractors Association
- Iowa Learning Farms
- Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS)
- Iowa Corn
- Iowa Pork Producers Association
- Iowa Soybean Association
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
The field day will be held at Olie Leimer’s farm at 1598 Highway 3, Albert City. From Albert City, head south on 230th Street for 2 miles. Turn right to go west on Highway 3 for 7 miles. The site will be on the south side of the road and will be marked with a field day sign.
The field day is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by June 7th by contacting Lee Gravel at 712-732-3096 or email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there!